Effective Date: August 2020
- Information We Collect: 1.1 Personal Information: We may collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, including but not limited to your name, contact details, medical history, and other relevant information necessary for the provision of counseling services. 1.2 Sensitive Information: During counseling sessions, you may voluntarily disclose sensitive information related to your mental health, emotional well-being, and personal experiences. We treat this information with the utmost care and confidentiality.
- Use of Information: 2.1 Provision of Services: We use the personal and sensitive information collected to provide you with counseling services, including assessment, treatment planning, and therapeutic interventions. 2.2 Communication: We may use your contact information to communicate with you about appointment scheduling, session reminders, and other pertinent information related to your counseling services. 2.3 Quality Improvement: We may analyze aggregated and anonymized data to improve the quality of our counseling services, conduct research, and develop new therapeutic approaches. Your individual information will be anonymized and not identifiable in these instances.
- Information Sharing: 3.1 Professional Obligations: As mental health professionals, we are bound by legal and ethical obligations to maintain the confidentiality of your personal and sensitive information. We will only disclose information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations or with your explicit consent. 3.2 Third-Party Service Providers: We may engage trusted third-party service providers to assist in delivering our services, such as scheduling software or secure online platforms for virtual counseling sessions. These providers are obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of your information. 3.3 Legal Requirements: In exceptional circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal information if compelled by law or in response to a valid legal request.
- Data Security: 4.1 We employ industry-standard security measures to protect your personal and sensitive information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. 4.2 All electronic communication, including virtual counseling sessions, are conducted through secure platforms with encryption protocols to ensure confidentiality. 4.3 While we strive to protect your information, please be aware that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure.
- Retention and Disposal: 5.1 We retain your personal and sensitive information for the duration required to provide counseling services, comply with legal obligations, and for a reasonable period thereafter. 5.2 At the end of the retention period, we will securely dispose of or anonymize your information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Minors’ Privacy: Our counseling services are intended for individuals who are 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors without appropriate consent. If we become aware that personal information of a minor has been inadvertently collected, we will take steps to delete such information promptly.